Looking Back

“Looking back, I realize that trusting in God and acknowledging Him in everything always lead to the right direction. He makes the path straight for those who let Him lead.” – Grace Gaston Dousel, Real Time



We want to go our own way. I remember when I was still a child, I always dream of waking up one morning already an older man so that I can do more things a little boy with a tiny frame cannot do. I can ride bigger bikes, I can go places without worrying about curfew hours, and I can join sleep-overs and camping. The best of all, I am no longer the apple of the eye of my parents when it comes to household chores. Oh how I love to be independent then.

But now, looking back on those times, I realized how silly my desire was. Good thing, God is so wise that He didn't answer my prayer back then. He knows how to place events in His eternal timeline perfect enough to produce the best results. He is the Master Director of our lives.

Yes, God has given us freewill and the liberty to make our own decisions but I see it as a test as well – whether or not we’re going to trust Him more or we’re going our own way.

How many of us wants to live life independently? We want to break free from the confines of what God has given us. The moment we know we can decide for ourselves, we tend to be like a pet let loose from the leash. Yes, God has given us free will and the liberty to make our own decisions but I see it as a test as well – whether or not we’re going to trust Him more or we’re going our own way.

Sadly, when we choose our own way void of His guidance, we are setting ourselves to failure. The Bible even says “There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.” Proverbs 14:12. We can spare ourselves from unnecessary tears and frustration by allowing Jesus to freely control our lives.


First Published: August 18, 2015
Looking Back Looking Back Reviewed by Marts Valenzuela on May 11, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.