Rhetorical Questions

When I first entered the Children's Ministry, I thought would be very easy. I thought I just have to learn how to keep children from roaming around whenever classes are going on, giving them pieces of paper to draw their favorite Bible characters or scenarios, make them listen to their teacher, listening to their (sometimes) silly stories, etc. Pero mali pala. Children's Ministry is not just about playing with children nor keeping them in an area where they could not disturb others. Children's Ministry, just like others, is meant to transform lives — not just the children themselves, but their families and communities as well. Nakapanghihinayang nga lang kasi natutunan ko ang prinsipyong ito after so many frustrations (at hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin ako tinatantanan ng mga ito!)


Marami-rami na rin akong pinagdaanan with regards to Children's Ministry, and I almost broke out. Madalas kong tinatanong sa sarili ko kung worthy nga ba ako sa gawaing ito. The work is too noble for me, and I have a lot of doubts reagrding my competence. Maraming experiences na ang pinagdaanan ko sa naturang gawain. And most of these experiences, hindi ko malilimutan yung mga painful, yung mga frustrating. These experiences gave birth to my questions:

Why does God allow His workers to feel neglected?

Why does God allow His workers to suffer nights with tears?
Though I prayed hard about the task God gave me, why does it end a failure? (Of course in my own perspective)

Why is it a life dedicated to His service is full of struggles? Isn't that God promised an abundant and happy life?


Why is it that some people have no appreciation, nor didn't even recognize my efforts in the ministry? (Wala lang, nakakapanghina lang kasi kung hindi ka pinapansin di ba? But I don't have bitterness within me, I'm just asking...)

At ang pinakahuli at pinakaimportante kong tanong sa lahat:

Is a dedicated heart enough to continue serving through ministry?

Well, with all these questions in mind, I've realized how foolish and childish am I with regard to knowledge about God. Para ko na ring sinabi na hindi God si God. Para na rin pala akong nag-deny na may pinaniniwalaan akong Diyos.

These questions in my mind are but rhetorical. "Napakagaling ni Lord!", I told myself. Ako na rin mismo ang sumagot sa sarili kong mga tanong. Then I remembered a very familiar story. One that I often relate with my students nang maging teacher na ako sa Children's Ministry — the story of JOB.
God wants me to endure tears, pain and anguish, not because He just wants me to, but rather because He wants me to see how wonderful and awesome His love is.
Kung si Job nga, inspite of his righteousness, was allowed by God to suffer nights with tears, pain and anguish, ako pa kaya? Who am I compared with Job? Pero sa kabila ng lahat ng paghihirap niya, he received the crown of his perseverance sa piling ni Lord. Likewise, God wants me to endure tears, pain and anguish, not because He just wants me to, but rather because He wants me to see how wonderful and awesome His love is. Truly, His ways are so incomprehensible, and His works, ah! AWESOME...
"And these are but the outer fringe of his works;
how faint the whisper we hear of him!
Who then can understand the thunder of his power?"
Job 26: 14
Essence: If you are in the midst of trouble right now, always remember: God wants you to depend on Him. Kung wala kang trouble, you would probably tell yourself: "I do not need God!" But thanks be to God, because He wants us to depend on Him.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5: 7

First published: January 31, 2008 
Rhetorical Questions Rhetorical Questions Reviewed by Marts Valenzuela on April 20, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.