Friends and Benefits

We all have friends. Who doesn’t have friends anyway? I don’t believe there exists Grinch among us, and if there’s any, he is sure living a miserable, if not a lonely life. 


Friends are wonderful blessings from the Lord. They serve as an extension of our hands and feet and eyes and ears. They help us when we are weak and lifts us up when we are down. Do you have friends within your circle? Consider how blessed you are because of them by contemplating these Scriptures.

Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. Proverbs 27:5-6

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:12-15

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17

My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend. Job 16:20-21

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray. Proverbs 12:26

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 13:20

Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me, when my path was drenched with cream and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil. Job 29:4-6



Friends and Benefits Friends and Benefits Reviewed by Marts Valenzuela on April 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.