Conversation with God

Conversation-with-God-Lovelife

God: Why are you crying?

Boy: I’m crying because of her.

God: That one? What about her?

Boy: I invested a lot of feelings on her but to no avail.

God: Is that so?

Boy: Yes. I even pushed myself to the limits. I skipped meals just to save money so I can buy her gifts. I am actually trying my best in everything for her to notice me.

God: Wow! That’s good. You are indeed highly motivated.

Boy: I badly want her to notice me. Have you seen my efforts, God?

God: Yes, and I can say you are an impressive guy.

Boy: But God, she isn’t impressed. What’s the matter with her?

God: …

Boy: Oh! I remember. She’s been in my prayers this past few weeks. You see, I shed tears for her. I like her so much, God. Haven’t You heard my prayers?

God: Of course, I do! I know all about your prayers.

Boy; Then why she isn’t into me yet?

God: Because son, I want you to be happy.

Boy: She makes me happy, God!

God: I know. I know how much you giggle every time you see her. I know how inspired you are whenever you think about her. I know all about that.

Boy: See! But why aren’t You making any actions on it? Do you love me, God? I mean, for real?

God: Of course son! I even died for you remember?

Boy: Yeah, yeah. I have heard that story countless time. But that is not the kind of love I am seeking. I like her, I mean, I love her. Will You give her to me?

God: Let me think about it. But first, I have to tell you some important things.

Boy: Shoot! What about, God? Anything goes.

God: Listen to me carefully. Do you know what love means?

Boy: Hmmm, yes. Liking someone, wanting her near, being sweet to her, You know – flowers, chocolates, gifts. Making her happy!

God: Ok, I get your point. But you’re just scratching the surface.

Boy: What do You mean?

God: What are you willing to give up for her? You know, love is sacrifice, just like what I did on the cross. When you say you love a person, you are saying that you are willing to give up everything for that person, even your life.

Boy: Isn’t that too much, God? Intense!

God: I think so, son. But let me continue. Are you willing to give up your precious ‘me’ time to meet her demands? Are you willing to adjust to her personality? Are you willing to share your resources to her? Are you willing to meet her parent’s expectations? As far as I can see, you cannot even obey your parents without whining or complain.

Boy: …

God: How about your privacy? Are you willing to give up your privacy and share it with her? Are you ready to let go of your pride and allow her to influence your every decision? And son, I am telling you, love is making a commitment. A commitment is not just a promise that is easily forgotten. A commitment has to shape your life. When you commit to someone, it means you are willing to take the risks and losses just to keep your commitment.

Boy: Commitment seems to be a serious thing.

God: Sure it is! So are you even serious about what you are asking me?

Boy: I think so, God.

God: Ok. So let’s start with the simplest sacrifice – your game console. Are you willing to give it up?

Boy: Umm… this one, God? Are You even serious? If there’s one thing that takes the most out of my time, this could be it. I value my games too much, as much as I value my gadgets. This is what makes me the most popular kid! How will she able to notice me if I am not popular anymore?



God: Love, my son, is a sacrifice. And unless you are willing to give up whatever I ask of you, the perfect time will not arrive soon for you. For now, son, finish your studies first. I’ll consider your request once you are man enough and sincerely willing to sacrifice.
Conversation with God Conversation with God Reviewed by Marts Valenzuela on May 20, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.